Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Taking It Easy

I feel like the past few weeks have been CRAZY! After Saturday, I decided that I really need to take the next few weeks easy and make sure I spend some of my time relaxing instead of being on the go all the time.

So, Sunday I really didn't do much of anything. We had a brief meeting in the morning, but then I used the afternoon to take a bit of a nap before hitting the gym with the guys. For dinner, I finished up my chicken spaghetti I made last week. Finally I went to the mall to enjoy some me time shopping for some new clothes.


This morning, we had a really pointless meeting. It was shorter than the amount of time it took us to get there and back in the taxis, and all the information was old news. We are starting to get the feeling that the Education Council is just having us go to all these meetings to justify our getting paid, because I haven't really found much of it to be very beneficial. Oh well. Life could be worse, right?

This afternoon, I went to the bakery to get some fresh flat bread so that I can make steak pitas tomorrow. Then Jeff and I went for a run to the Corniche and back, followed by a quick gym workout. I'm finding that working out everyday has really helped me feel more energized (it always does, so I don't know why I feel that surprised), and I feel like I'm getting into pretty decent shape. So . . . go me.

This evening, my phone stopped working so I tried to get that taken care of at the mall, but they pretty much sent me on a wild goose chase that resulted in 2 hours lost and a still-broken phone. But I think I finally got it sorted out where I need to go, so I'll do that tomorrow as well.

Finally, some of us decided we needed to go searching for a new restaurant to eat at. We ended up at a place called Al Qasr, an Arabic restaurant. They had really good hummus, and their kabobs were pretty awesome. Also, I tried the fresh strawberry juice that they made right there, and it was really good. The best part was that all of this was very inexpensive. I believe I may have found my new favorite restaurant.


My own internet will be fully up and running tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to put some pictures up then.

Goodnight from Abu Dhabi,

Matt

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are on an extended vacation! I am happy you are taking some time to relax before things get really hectic for you! By the way, when do classes begin? I am looking forward to seeing some photos! Take care and know that Dad and I send our love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting paid for that fun life?! Lucky you!
    Do the people go to church on Saturday? Are there any Christian churches?
    Kathy, David's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretending to work, and pretending that what I'm typing is very important. And I look professional doing it. (I went shopping...oops.)

    I miss you.

    Your sis, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey man its good to see you are still keeping up with this blog its fun to read what all your up too.. in response to your phone not working just do what i did the other day to mine and that was i threw it into your wall..now it works..
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite how much I wanted to throw my phone, I have been practicing good self-control lately by not showing my anger outwardly like that. I took it to a place that said they would either fix it or give me a new one, so I think it's all good.

    Btw Andrea, do you really go to work? Or do they just let you come there when you know somebody is going to visit? I think you probably just go to Zona Rosa everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt, I love how you sound like you're dissing Jamie by (in a round-a-bout way) telling him he has no self-control.

    And yes, I go to work. I am at work right now. I don't go to Zona every day because I'm poor, but I'm doing a budget calendar that has when I get paid/how much, and when all my bills are due/how much. I haven't finished it, but I wish I could show you it!! And I wish you could see my new apt. Jamie and I picked out some pretty sweet wall art pieces.

    ANDREA

    ReplyDelete