Saturday, August 22, 2009

Some Photos

I know it is not a lot, but here are just a few photos of my new apartment. I always forget to take my camera when I go places, usually because I am running behind and have to rush out the door quickly so people don't have to wait for me any longer.

This is the door to my apartment . . .

This is my hallway (kitchen is the first door on the left, living room is straight back) . . .


This is my living room (curtains lead out to the balcony). . .


And another view of my living room . . .


The view from my balcony mostly consists of this mosque and a very busy street . . .


And finally my bedroom . . .


I will try to start taking more pictures!


Today we went to the gym for a few hours (I am gonna be sore tomorrow!), went grocery shopping, then went out for some Indian food.

My fasting is going well so far, although I decided I would cheat a bit and drink water so I don't die in this heat/humidity. I got a bit hungry around lunch time, but I didn't really feel hungry again until it was dinner time. For Ramadan, even if you are "fasting," you are allowed to eat after the sun goes down only, so that is why I ate dinner.

I am feeling a bit tired and I think I am getting sick as well, so I'll be heading off to bed now.

Goodnight from Abu Dhabi,

Matt

3 comments:

  1. It was fun to see the photos of your apartment. It looks nice, and what a great view from your balcony! We will look forward to seeing more. Be careful with the fasting and workouts, especially since you are not feeling well. Your body is still adjusting to a new culture, food, and time zone. You certainly do not want to get sick before the start of classes. Take care of yourself. We are sending lots of TLC to you! (I will mail the package you requested on Monday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Uncle Matt. Nana is helping me write to you again. Guess what? Today I saw a camel and I petted it. Nana and Papa said I could ride it, but that seemed too scary. Maybe if I come see you I will ride one with you! I also saw some ponies, jumped in a dinosaur castle, played in a real fire truck, and rode some carnival rides. Nana and Papa are getting old and do not like to go round and round like I do. In just two more days I start preschool. Next time I will tell you all about it. I miss you.

    Love,
    Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one sexy front door.


    Andrea

    ReplyDelete