Sunday, August 2, 2009

Arriving in Abu Dhabi

Well after nearly 24 hours of airports/airplane, I finally arrived at the Abu Dhabi International Airport at about 7:30 Abu Dhabi time. I got my bags, went through customs, then went outside to catch the bus to our hotel. It was so hot and humid outside, even after sundown that peoples' glasses were fogging up! Also, it's been really windy here the last 3 days, which means this place has been sandstorm central, which means visibility and air quality aren't the greatest.

On the way to our hotel, which is in downtown Abu Dhabi, we passed lots of cool buildings including the mosque in the picture above. It is more huge and magnificent in real life than it looks in the picture.

When we got to our hotel, we had to wait awhile because they had to make a copy of all of our passport pictures (I think for security reasons). My room is on the 15th floor here and though not the nicest hotel room I've ever had, it is probably the biggest. It has a kitchen, a big living room, a pretty big bedroom, then of course a bathroom. I have a balcony off of the living room, which gives a decent view of the surrounding neighborhood. I took pictures of all this stuff, so I will put them up tomorrow (hopefully) when I am using my own computer and not this hotel's slow computer.

Look for more details tomorrow when I'm not feeling so tired and cranky. :)

Goodnight from Abu Dhabi,

Matt

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you arrived safely!!! Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, it is great to hear that you arrived safely. We appreciate you keeping us updated. Hope you rest well. We all love you very, very much!

    ReplyDelete