Thursday, September 3, 2009

Leasing a Car and Getting Ready for Vacation

Today was a fairly busy day for me. First thing this morning, Andrew and I traveled all around the city pricing out car leases. After visiting about 7 different businesses, we decided that Budget had the best deal for our situation. So we went back there, filled out some paper work, and chose the kind of car we wanted. We ultimately decided on a Nissan Tiida, which we though is small enough to maneuver the tight traffic here in the city but spacious enough for our 4-person carpool that we have set up to go to school and back each day this year. To lease such a car will cost us 1900 dhs per month, or approximately $520 per month. Since we will be splitting this cost between the two of us (plus getting some compensation from our fellow car-poolers), this operation will only cost me the equivalent of about $250 per month. Not bad.

On the way back from getting that all done, I received a call from the Indian Empost office with news that my passport was ready to pick up. So this evening, I headed over to the Empost building, picked up my passport which now sports a travel visa to India, then headed for the mall to pick up a few things.

Tonight, Andrew, Danielle, Danielle, and I booked our flights to India. We will be leaving from Dubai early tomorrow afternoon and will be arriving in Delhi in the evening. We will be returning on the 11th of September. We don't really have a set plan as of right now, but tentatively we have agreed that we would like to hit up Agra (home of the Taj Mahal), Jaipur, Pushkar, and Varanasi. We will hopefully be doing a lot of overnight traveling on trains so that we can maximize the amount of things we can do during the day.

For obvious reasons, this will be my last post until I return to Abu Dhabi. Expect a nice long post with lots of pictures then!

Good night from Abu Dhabi,

Matt

5 comments:

  1. My son was supposed to go there this summer but it fell thru. You can get a lot of info off the internet. I researched Varnasi and it looks very interesting. Have fun!

    Rosemary Nigro ---friend of Abbie Hesse's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,
    You were a busy bee today! I suppose it is good that you have a car, but you know it will make me worry more. However, that is my job and I do it quite well! ;) I bet you are excited about your trip to India--have a great time, and stay safe. Maybe you can give us a quick call while you are there so we know you are okay. We will really look forward to your blog and photos after you return back to Abu Dhabi! Dad and I are both sending you lots of love!
    Take care,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That sounds fun! I'm jealous.

    Seriously.


    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart Lease is a car leasing company in UK offering car leasing special offers, personal contract hire, business car leasing, private lease purchase, cheap car leasing and contract hire offers. Get a cheap car leasing deal by UK’s leading car leasing company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friend of Abbie's:
    I am enjoying your blog and think its so exciting to be traveling, when does your school start? Looking forward to your pictures.
    lj

    ReplyDelete